The Coaching Team
Director of Programs
Rory has been immersed in the sport of figure skating since the mid 1980’s. As a former national team member, international competitor and ice show performer, he turned to coaching in 2003.
Rory also became a duly qualified skate technician in 2009 when he learned to sharpen skates in Europe.
As a Level 3 coach, his specializations include freeskate technical elements, program component development, video analysis, on and off-ice jump harness training and overall athlete management.
Rory can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Certifications & Affiliations
● NCCP National Level Coach Certified (former Level 3), Level 4 Tasks 3, 4 & 10
● Professional Coaching Member of Skate Canada
● Associate Member of the Professional Skaters Association
● CanPowerSkate Certified
● STAR 1-5 Assessor Certified
Personal Athletic Results
● Senior Competitive singles test, Gold Skills, Senior Silver Dances
● Canada Winter Games alumni
● Former Junior National Team member
● National and international medalist
● International performer for Willy Bietak Productions and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
● Coached athletes from CanSkate through to Gold level
● Competitive skaters from Pre-Juvenile to Junior
● Provincial medalists in both STARSkate and CompetitiveSkate
● National medalist in Pre-Novice Men
Skate Technician Qualifications
Rory learned to sharpen skates in Europe while performing on a cruise ship in 2009. In 2014 he founded North Edge Ice Sports as a qualified skate technician. The store provides skates, apparel, sharpening, and skate shop services for skaters across northern British Columbia out of the Prince George location. As Campbell River is now home, Rory looks forward to expanding these services to Vancouver Island.